99% recycled.* 100% of the time.
Continental is the only North American drywall manufacturer to utilize recycled, synthetic gypsum for all of its drywall products, using the byproduct of coal-fired power plants. Not just at a few plants – we use 100% synthetic gypsum at every plant, for every product. Our commitment to sustainability throughout North America helps our customers confidently meet the demanding requirements of LEED-certified construction, and ultimately build a cleaner world.
Below are links to our standard LEED letters.
- CBP LEED® Information Silver Grove, KY Joint Compound Plant
- CBP LEED® and IgCC Information Silver Grove, KY Drywall Plant
- CBP LEED® and IgCC Information Buchanan, NY Drywall Plant
- CBP LEED® and IgCC Information Palatka, FL Drywall Plant
- CBP LEED® Information Chambly, Quebec Joint Compound Plant
For project-specific LEED documentation, please visit our web-based documentation tool at https://continental.ecomedes.com/.
*Glass mat faced products have 94% recycled content.
PLANTS & DISTRIBUTION
Continental drywall plants and distances from extraction locations for regional materials
Artist’s rendering. All distances are approximate and shown for illustrative purposes only.
Continental Case Study